1. What’s in it for me? Customers are visiting your website because they are potentially interested in your products or services. Tell a story in a way that shows visitors why they should care. Provide compelling content, videos, images and information so that the end user understands what they’re getting out of the experience. Keep it concise and deliver the goods.
2. How much will it cost? For some industries, it makes sense (or it may even be required) to list your prices on your website. But for other industries, it could be a deal breaker to list your prices. In this case, show your value and give them the opportunity to contact you and discuss prices at a scheduled time.
3. Is this user experience easy to navigate? Visitors will know within seconds of reaching your homepage how easy it will be for them to navigate through your site. Have the most important information available either on your homepage or within your navigation bar. Don’t make them guess where information is; put it in front of them for an easy-to-navigate user experience.
4. Why should I choose this partner over their competitors? Communicate to your audience why you’re the best in your marketplace. Give your customers an extraordinary experience on your website with a captivating first impression, allowing them to get a feel for what it will be like to work with you in a future partnership.
5. How can I contact them? Your visitors go to your site for more information about your company, product or services, but sometimes they have a question that isn’t answered within your site. Have your contact info﹘phone number, email address, physical address﹘either on your website’s footer or a separate contact page, so that visitors have easy access to you.
You don’t have much time to engage your website visitors before they open a different web page or mobile app. Keep your content concise, yet engaging, and show your value to the customer. With strong web design and a functioning website that’s easy to navigate, you will create a positive user experience and increase engagement with your audience.