- Welcome Email. When you get new subscribers, it’s important to send a welcome email. It’s a good first impression and starts the relationship off on the right foot. You’re bringing a new subscriber into your digital world, so welcome them with open arms and give them a reason to stick around. You can also give them insight into what they can expect from you in the future.
- Announce a new product or service. When you launch a new product or add a new service, your current customers should be the first to know. Photos and video of your new product are an important piece to add with your announcement.
- E-newsletter. A monthly e-newsletter to your customers, friends, family and people in your network keeps them up to date with what’s happening at your company. Sharing company news, recent blog posts and industry insight is good for engagement. A monthly or quarterly e-newsletter is also a great way to drive traffic back to your website.
- Send a survey. Surveys are a great way to get feedback from your customers on your performance, your products, design concepts of a new product, etc. Running a survey is a great tool to gather information that you can use to improve your company. Just be sure to make the user experience easy for the customer. Lastly, it doesn’t hurt to entice them with a discount on your product or a giveaway if they participate.
- Customer Appreciation. People like to feel appreciated. If you have loyal customers that deserve some recognition, send them an email to let them know. A birthday or anniversary is a great touch point to say hello, let them know you’re thinking of them, and to say thank you for doing business with you.
- Educational Email. Be an industry expert. By sending emails to your subscribers educating them on your product, your industry, current trends, or how-tos, you position yourself as an expert and add value to your customers. Educational videos work well for these types of emails.
- Testimonials. Speaking of expertise, testimonials are a great way to show your credibility and level of expertise. It also builds brand loyalty and gives potential customers confidence in doing business with you. You can also link your testimonial email to your website with portfolio examples to show work you’ve done in the past.
You should be consistently communicating and engaging with your existing customer base and email marketing is an effective method to do so. Use these seven types of emails to engage your audience, keep them informed on company news and announcement, and keep them coming back for more.