2. Take the time to look at Twitter. Go through and make sure the accounts you follow are still active and posting applicable content for you.
3. Update LinkedIn profile. Make sure that your LinkedIn profile represents you, your experiences, and your position at your company. Titles are important, so make sure they are accurate.
4. Promote new or growing products or services that you want consumers to know about. Don't just keep posting about the same topics. Highlight changes, provide updates and share useful information for your followers.
5. Make sure website represents you and your business. Try to imagine you are a potential customer looking at your site and not knowing about your industry. What questions would they have? What abbreviations or industry language will they not understand? Do you have pictures and images to keep someone's attention?
6. Commit to writing a regular blog. If you can commit to regular posts (monthly, weekly, etc), start planning for a blog. Start with a list of topics interesting to your reader. Then, make sure that you follow up and act on them.
7. When is the last time you updated your email distribution list? Have you added target customers? Curate some strong, interesting content and send out a newsletter so everyone knows the great things you're doing.
8. Consider getting ahead of the competition with text message marketing. Would your current clients be interested in promotions, specials and news regarding your business? Text messages get read, so if you have daily updates that can benefit your existing customers, spread the word through a method they are connected to all day.
Want more of this content? Follow @RyTechLLC on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn for more tips through the year for ways to expand your sphere.