1. Utilize a Social Media Content Calendar
2. Choose the Best Time of Day for Your Channel & Audience
3. Determine the Optimum Frequency
4. Incorporate Visual Content
5. Maintain a Consistent Tone
6. Stick to the 80/20 Content Rule
Try using the 80-20 rule as a general rule of thumb. 80% of your posts should inform, educate, or entertain your audience (while still being relevant to your brand) and Twenty percent can directly promote your brand. This shows your followers that you see them as friends and not just customers, making them more likely to engage with your content and less likely to unfollow your page.
7. Analyze & Compare Data Regularly
For posts that have little interaction, either cut back on similar posts or switch up the message entirely. Testing different messages is key to crafting a strong social media campaign. If you are having a hard time gaining traction with your social media marketing efforts, create a revised strategy to determine if you should switch channels or messaging to reach the audience you want to target.
Regardless of how many of these tips you follow for an optimizing a social media post, remember, the main purpose for social media is to have a one-on-one relationship with your customers...It’s about being social!