By protecting your wireless network with a secure password, you control who has access to the resources included on the network - laptops, desktops, mobile devices, printers, servers, etc.
This is important for two reasons:
- No one can impersonate you by picking up your home’s IP address and transmitting information as if they were a device owned by you.
- You prevent hackers and identity thieves from stealing private information from you because of the extra layer of security placed on the network.
Securing your wireless network is an easy solution and only takes a few steps:
- Connect to your wireless router using the IP address.
- Click on the wifi settings.
- Add a WPA/WEP (try to use letters and numbers, maybe even a special character)
- Confirm Setting Changes/Submit