So, why should you concern yourself with SEO on a local level?
Because you’re missing out on the 12 BILLION Internet searches every month.
Consumers are making more and more decisions before they leave their house, pick up the phone or contact a business. If you’re not appearing in the first page of search results and realistically the first three organic results, you’re missing out on the majority of searchers.
Balancing supporting local small businesses with convenience and knowledge, consumers and businesses are making buying decisions online. So, place some effort into local SEO.
Here is some advice on what to focus on:
- Google Business Page: Claim and optimize your listing.
- Target the Right Keywords: Make sure that your longtail keywords focus on the cities/towns that you plan to serve
- Add Appropriate Meta Data: Each page on your website has a meta title and description. Make sure each page includes keywords you’re targeting.
- Claim other local directories: Find, claim, and optimize your listings on Bing, Yahoo, MerchantCircle, Yelp, and the rest.
- Link Building: Include links to your website and from your website to show relevance.